Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Audrey!!!

Audrey was a special guest in our home who soon became a sister.   She lived here with us for two and a half weeks while she transitioned from missionary (In Argentina & Costa Rica) to grad student in Texas.  But we became friends long before that.  What a blessing she was to our family!  Her cheerfulness, servant’s heart, and volunteer work at an orphanage made lasting impressions on all of us.  I still remember when she walked into our house for the first time and started washing dishes so I could finish up in the kitchen and go to volleyball with her. 
Pizza nights were so much fun!  And I loved hearing her mom’s voice over Skype in the evenings.  She’s quite a story teller.
Within a week of her departure, Julia gave half of her allowance to buy a gift for child in need, washed dishes although it wasn’t an assigned chore, and let her brother choose the game he wanted to play.  “Mom, I just did it!”  What?  “I let Isaiah choose the game even though I wanted to.”  Julia’s new self awareness of sacrificial, Christ-like love was a clearly a blessing from having Audrey as a big sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment