Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Not in the Mood



Thanksgiving and Easter Sunday are my two favorite holidays!

But I'm having a hard time getting excited about making pies tonight.

Pumpkin pies, (the "calabazas" are sitting on the counter ready to be cut and cooked), Apple pies, Pecan Pie, and Pumpkin bars will be my contribution to the feast if all goes well tonight in my kitchen..... But I'm not in the mood.



Saying a final goodbye to my students at The Anglo today was harder than I thought it would be.  I like them way too much!  Their curiosity and creativity made me smile every week for two years.  I can't believe I had the same group of 46 students for that long.  I can still hear their voices when I think of their faces and names, and yet I know from experience that soon their unique way of expressing themselves will fade in my memory.

I don't think I ever enjoyed classroom teaching as much as I did the past two years.  It really was a privilege. The bilingual school has a great administration and good teachers.  I have taught in many schools and can feel the different atmospheres as soon as I step into a classroom.

These kids are energetic, curious, and gifted.  They're not always motivated 100% of the time, but neither am I!

I'm going to miss them.  I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to be a little part of their lives and hope they know how much their literature teacher loved each one of them and enjoyed reading new stories and poems right along with them.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blog! Thanks for the update ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Florencia GarcĂ­a (dont know if you remembre me) any way the last day of summer I was puting toghether my stuff for the first day of school and I found this paper with a link to this blog on it. Just humano wanted to let you know that you erre vey significant through my years at the anglo and that i really like your class. Having you as a theacher was a really good and positiv experiense, you were kind, pacient and you open our minds a lot. Tank you a lot and sorry if this is better than my essays (remembre i hate then?) but im really feeling it! Any way thank you for being such a good teacher and persone :)
    Ps.: sorry for spelling mistackes :/

    ReplyDelete